iBeach, an application to know everything about the beaches
01 July 2013
iBeach is an application for smartphones, developed by Aqualogy so that bathers can enjoy a day at the beach with all the information they may need. This summer it has been completely renewed and now includes detailed weather and marine information, useful data on the state of the beach, geolocated basic services and information on the nearby commercial offer. It can be downloaded free from iTunes and Google Play.
A day at the beach with iBeach
Summerâ€™s day at the beach. We connect to iBeach. We search for the beach where we want to go. Somorrostro, in Barcelona. We see that it has a green flag, the water quality is excellent and there are no jellyfish. But it is early. What will the temperature be in 3 hoursâ€™ time? 25.6 Â°C. The UVA rays will be very high but the water will be calm. We are pleased to see that it has a Red Cross service, a bus stop and bicing next to it, and Wi-Fi! Fantastic. And what if Iâ€™m hungry? I go to the Things to do section. Restaurants, bars, rental of material... there is a restaurant in the area which impresses me. Looks good. I will call to book a table. It looks like a perfect day at the beach.
What you will find in iBeach
- Weather and maritime information: 3-day forecasts, at 3-hour intervals, which include forecasting symbols, temperature, humidity, wind, waves, sunrise and sunset times, high and low tide times, water temperature and UV index.
- *Information on bathing at the beach: colour of the flag, presence of jellyfish, webcams and water quality.
- *Geolocated beach services: location of the beach services such as transport (bus, tram and bicing stops), Red Cross posts, WC, etc.
- Information on nearby commercial offer: using iBeach, the establishments can write their daily menu, make special offers or simply put information on the premises. If the bathers so wish, they can thus consult everything on offer nearby and even book a table for lunch.
* Available in the municipalities which have implemented Aqualogyâ€™s COastal WAter MAnagement (COWAMA) system.
COWAMA is a system to control the health quality of the water which is used, together with the state of the sea, to decide on the colour of the flag flying on the beach. This system has been installed in: Alicante (Alicante), Arona (Santa Cruz de Tenerife), Barcelona (Barcelona), BenicarlÃ³ (CastellÃ³n), Cullera (Valencia), Elche (Alicante), San BartolomÃ© de Tirajana (Las Palmas), Sitges (Barcelona), Tarragona (Tarragona), Torredembarra (Tarragona) and Torremolinos (MÃ¡laga).